This page is powered by Blogger.


 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES

SEARCH

Contacting Us
Recommendations
Mike Tarrani
Linda Zarate
Kate Hartshorn

Who We Are
TEAM Zarate-Tarrani

Our main weblog
Notes from the Field

Our other pages
Mike's home page
Linda's home page
Kate's home page

Forums
Simpatico [we]blogs
Dan Gilmore
Robert X. Cringely
Jakob Nielsen
Julian Bond
Deborah Branscum
Lisa Rein
CamWorld
Ed Yourdon

 

Wednesday, February 13, 2002

 

I've been back from my Hawaii vacation for nearly a week and have been doing light research while mentally re-engaging. Part of the process is to catch up with what Mike has been posting here and in Notes from the Field. His XML and XBRL resources sent me on my own search, which led me to Lisa Rein's site.

Ms. Rein has an impressive portfolio of published articles, and a valuable collection of tutorials on topics such as XML, P2P and HTML. She's an XML expert and has an extensive background that is filled with accomplishments. Ms. Rein's weblog is filled with diverse and interesting entries and is one that I've bookmarked and added to our collection of simpatico weblogs (see the list on the left).

The official ebXML site is a resource for IT professionals who are working with or in e-commerce. ebXML is a modular suite of specifications that enables enterprises of any size and in any geographical location to conduct business over the internet. using ebXML, companies now have a standard method to exchange business messages, conduct trading relationships, communicate data in common terms and define and register business processes. I've placed a PowerPoint presentation in my server space titled ebXML technical overview that explains why ebXML is important.

When I first starting working with Mike two years ago he introduced me to a project management tool called Project Control Panel, which is not only powerful, but an amazing example of VBA programming and Microsoft Excel. Last night I discovered another tool called CAN-PLAN that was developed by Bill McMillan who has generously made it available for free. This Excel-based tool is perfect for managing small-to-medium size projects and is another example of the power of Excel in the hands of a VBA developer who also understands the process that he or she is automating. If you have problems downloading CAN-PLAN from Mr. McMillan's site you can get it from my directory.

I'm still catching up with hundreds (!) of e-mail messages, so am going to cut this short and return to my long "to-do" list.